Year and Place of First Admission
2007, New South Wales
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Sydney University.
Bachelor of Arts, Sydney University.
Areas of Practice
Administrative Law, Appeals, Banking, Commercial Law, Company law, Contract, Defamation, Employment Law, Engineering and Construction, Equity, Injunctions, Inquiries, Insolvency, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Mediation, Mining, Resources and the Environment, Negligence, Professional services, Real property, Statutory Interpretation, Tenancy Law, Trade Practices, Tort Law, Town Planning.
Hamish joined William Forster Chambers in July 2016 and has practiced in commercial litigation for around 10 years.
Before joining William Forster Chambers, Hamish worked in the litigation teams of large commercial firms in Sydney.
Hamish has experience in a wide range of litigious matters, with career highlights including:
- acting in several valuer’s negligence claims (in the Federal and the Supreme Courts of NSW, with the majority of such claims exceeding $10m);
- acting for leasing agents of a shopping centre in a claim by developers/landlords for over $100m;
- acting in litigation arising from large scale insolvencies and in civil penalty proceedings (in the Supreme Courts of Queensland and NSW);
- acting for banks in several banking fraud disputes (in the Supreme Courts of NSW and Victoria); and
- acting for the NSW Police in the judicial inquiry into the assassination of Cabramatta MP John Newman by Phuong Ngo.
Since joining William Forster Chambers, Hamish has had a predominate focus on mining, construction, property and contractual disputes.
William Forster Chambers
26 Harry Chan Avenue
Darwin NT 0800
PO Box 4369
DARWIN NT 0801
Tel: + 61 (0)8 8982 4700
Fax: + 61 (0)8 8941 1541