Year and Place of First Admission
2007, New South Wales
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Sydney University.
Bachelor of Arts, Sydney University.
Areas of Practice
Administrative Law, Banking, Commercial Law, Contract, Engineering and Construction, Inquiries, Insolvency, Insurance, Mediation, Mining, Resources and the Environment, Professional Services, Statutory Interpretation, Trade Practices, Tort Law
Hamish joined William Forster Chambers in July 2016 and has practiced in commercial litigation for around 10 years.
Before joining William Forster Chambers, Hamish worked in the litigation teams of Henry Davis York and Wotton Kearney in Sydney.
Hamish has experience in a wide range of litigious matters, with career highlights including:
- acting in several valuer’s negligence claims (in the Federal and the Supreme Courts of NSW and South Australia, with the majority of such claims exceeding $10m);
- acting for leasing agents of a shopping centre in a claim by landlords for over $100m;
- acting in litigation arising from large scale insolvencies and in civil penalty proceedings (in the Supreme Courts of Queensland and NSW);
- acting for banks in several banking fraud disputes (in the Supreme Courts of NSW and Victoria); and
- acting for the NSW Police in the judicial inquiry into the assassination of Cabramatta MP John Newman by Phuong Ngo.
Since joining William Forster Chambers, Hamish has been involved in a wide range of civil matters with a predominate focus on mining, construction, property and contractual disputes.
William Forster Chambers
26 Harry Chan Avenue
Darwin, NT 0800
PO Box 4369
Darwin, NT 0801
Telephone: + 61 (0)8 8982 4700
Facsimile: + 61 (0)8 8941 1541